How can I…? An index of helpful articles
- What supplies do I need to get started?
- Are there any books about acrylic pouring?
- Do you have any videos to help me learn?
- Can you explain what all the acrylic pouring terms mean?
- What is a dirty pour?
- How should I finish my painted tiles to use them as coasters?
- Does swiping speed matter? Fast or slow?
- What’s the best black paint to swipe with?
- Can I only swipe with black or white, or can I use other colors?
- Is paint consistency important for swipes?
- Does it look different if I swipe with the colors or over the colors?
- Do I need to use silicone in a swipe painting?
- What is a ‘starburst swipe’?
- What is a pouring medium?
- What is the hammer technique?
- How do I do the swirl technique?
- Do I need a torch? What does it do and how do I use it?
- What sort of additives can I use to make cells?
- Can I make cells with alcohol instead of silicone?
- Can I use dimethicone to make cells?
- Is my painting a failure if I don’t get cells?
- What protective finish or varnish do you use on your paintings?
- Do I need to gesso my canvases/other surfaces before I paint?
- Can I blow the paint with canned air?
- Any tips for working with primary colors and not getting mud?
- How can I make a matching pair of pour paintings?
- How do I turn a record into a clock?
- How do I finish the back of my paintings?
- How much does it cost to sell my paintings on Etsy?
- How can I sell downloadable prints of my paintings?
- How can I sell prints of my paintings?
- How should I price my paintings?
- How should I parcel my painting to send it in the mail?
- Any tips for cleaning the paint off my hands/nails/surfaces?
- Any more tips for beginners?
Do you sell painting supplies?
Yes and no! We do sell supplies via the site indirectly. We’ve curated all of our favorite products from the best suppliers into one easy to find store. When you check out, all of the products will be added to an Amazon cart for easy and secure checkout. This gets you the very best prices, the fastest and cheapest shipping, and a name you can feel safe with.
Our store is kept in a separate associated site here – VISIT THE STORE.
What’s your return policy?
Because we don’t ship to you directly, the return policy on any of the products you order will be the same as those from Amazon. Check your local site for Amazon return policies:
Do you ship overseas and to P.O. boxes?
If Amazon ships there, yes, you can get it. Many of the products we recommend in our store are fulfilled by Amazon. From time to time, some may need to come to you directly from the manufacturer or a 3rd party stockist and their delivery options may vary and may exclude your country if you are overseas.
What can I return?
You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. During the holidays, items shipped by Amazon between November 1st and December 31st can be returned until January 31st.
When will I get my refund?
Usually in about 2-3 weeks. Most refunds are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process your return.
Does Amazon offer replacements and exchanges?Yes, you can create replacement and exchange orders from this page by clicking Return Items and following the instructions. If you received a damaged or defective item, we’ll ship you a replacement of the exact item. If you would like to exchange an item for another, you can exchange for a different size or color or for an item in your Cart.
Can I show my paintings in your gallery?
We would be delighted to include your favorites, thanks for asking. If you already have the photo you want to share online, then it’s easy. Hop on over to the Contact Us page, and send us a message with the URL of your image for us to link to. Please let us the artist’s name and the name of the artwork, if there is one. Then we will happily add it to our gallery.
Can I sell my paintings on your site?
At the moment no, we’re not quite set up for that yet, but I think it’s a great idea. It’s on the to-do list for future development.