Thank you for visiting us, and many of you we know recently subscribed to our push notifications. This subscription will keep you updated on new blog posts, giveaways, contests, and other events happening in our community. We wanted to put together this guide to help introduce you to acrylic pouring as an art form, and to all we have available here. So please check out the resources below!
Acrylic Pouring For Beginners
We have a lot of information on our site, but these guides are the core of what you need to know to get started with acrylic pouring. They are updated regularly and fairly comprehensive, but if you want to get everything you need in one place and more in depth info then check out our ebook, A Beginners Guide to Acrylic Pouring or our online course Acrylic Pouring for Beginners.
Free Beginners Guides
Acrylic Pouring Terms You Need to Know – This glossary is for your reference when you run across terminology that may be new to you.
Acrylic Pouring Beginners Guide – This article gives an overview including why start acrylic pouring, the history of pouring, supplies you need, techniques overview, and a step by step tutorial
Acrylic Pouring Supplies Guide – Goes in depth on supplies you need, and supplies you may want to try for different effects
Pouring Mediums Guide – Gives in depth information on the most common pouring mediums
Complete Acrylic Pouring Techniques Guide – Gives an overview of pouring techniques for beginners, intermediate, and advanced artists
Dirty Pour Tutorial – Teaches how to do a dirty pour and what you need to start
Flip Cup Tutorial – Teaches how to do a flip cup pour
We regularly post to our blog and have a variety of different categories we cover. The most recent post is always located at the top of each category and the blog as a whole. Check out the links below to see what we cover throughout our blog and find what will help you. You can also use the search bar at the bottom of each page to find what you need.
- Our Blog – Here you’ll find everything we’ve ever posted and the most recent posts will be at the top
- Beginner Tutorials – This will be the most helpful section for our beginners and includes all our best tutorials
- Recipes and Videos – Includes recipes for specific pours taught by our artists and also includes videos we’ve made covering how to make different pours
- Technique Tutorials – These posts cover specific techniques and how to do them, or how to adjust them to achieve different results
- Organization and Prep – This covers how to organize your painting workshop for the best results and to avoid common mistakes
- Product Reviews & Tests – Our artists review how effective different products are for pouring and test using them so you don’t have to!
- Mixing Paints – Different techniques and insights into mixing paints and what recipes to use to generate different results
- Pimp Your Pour – This category covers things you can do after you pour to make it better, or how to add different embellishments
- Courses – Here we have contributions from different course creators and review courses to help you find the right ones for your situation
Acrylic Pouring for the Intermediate and Advanced
Once you hit a certain level you’ll want to move beyond the basics. Now you’re starting to develop your own style and experimenting as well as learning from other artists.
Although most courses available are focused on beginners, we do recommend one course for more experienced pourers and that’s Mastering Fluid Acrylic: Foundation Techniques. This course is for those looking to solidify their foundation in acrylic pouring. It covers in depth mixing techniques and paint and medium properties that make a huge difference in how you approach the art. Artists who have been pouring for months, or even years will still find value in this course and there’s a 30 day guarantee if you don’t.
Other free and paid resources for Intermediate and Advanced pourers:
Finishing Your Paintings
- Guide to Sealants and Finishing Your Paintings – This guide walks through the process of sealing your painting using Polycrylic
- Best Sealants to Finish Your Painting – Goes over various sealing supplies and pros and cons
- Heat Resistant Sealants – Covers how different sealants hold up to heat for hot plates and other products
- Using Resin to Make Waves and Other Resin Basics – Covers how to make basic waves using resin and other info
- Making Resin Coasters – How to make coasters using resin
- Ann Uptons Resin Basics Course – Paid course that goes into greater depth on how to use resin
- Owl Embellished Pour – Great example of an embellishment
- Geode Embellished Pour – How to embellish a pour using the geode style
Connect With Us and the Community
You’ll be getting regular updates on new content in our site, but we also share additional content in our email list along with special offers you can’t find anywhere else. If you’re not already subscribed to our list then sign up below and as a bonus you’ll get our free Acrylic Pouring 5 Fundamentals course through email.
Additionally we have a strong (and large) community of pourers, over 90k people! You can find them on Facebook in our Acrylic Pouring Facebook Group and we’re always welcoming new members!