Don’t you just want to spend the rest of your life creating something artistic? You can choose the works you want to share with the world, and you’ll put away the best ones for now so that there’s something left to be discovered once you’re gone. Yep, that’s the dream. The problem is, we also need money to live.
Fortunately, there are different ways to earn money as an artist, like selling your artworks. Hence, today, we will share with you the best tips for selling on LetGo, as well as provide you an overview of LetGo.
What Is LetGo?
In a nutshell, LetGo is a mobile app that features classified ads for buying and selling. As an artist, you can post your works here and sell them for cash.
Source: LetGo on Google Playstore
Installing the App
LetGo is available for both iOS and Android users. To download, just search for it in your app store and install it on your phone. It might ask for your permission to access your location and your camera. This is to determine the best place to show your ads and also, to allow you to post pictures straight from your phone’s camera app.
Once you have finished installing, proceed to launch the app. It will ask you to sign up as a new user and create an account. Fill out the form while following the prompts or better yet, you can opt to use your Facebook account to sign-in.
If for any reason at all, you can’t get the app to work right now or you simply can’t install the app at all, then you’ll be pleased to learn that LetGo has a web version as well. You can simply access their website through your computer’s browser.
The LetGo Experience
After logging in, you will now land on the app’s home screen. It honestly feels and looks similar to Pinterest, but the big difference is that this time, you can purchase all of the pins!
Swipe up or down to browse items. Use the search feature if you’re looking for something in particular, or tap the icons on the navigation part of the app for more features and functionality.
Aside from “Home“, you can tap on “Categories” to view the different product categories available. Choose “Camera” if you want to take a photo of the object that you want to put up for sale.
Select “Chat”” to talk to both the sellers and buyers you want to interact with. Lastly, of course, opt for “Profile”, where you can view the products you have posted as well as those that have been posted by other sellers that you have marked as favorite.
S0urce: Letgo on App Store
Now, since we’re exploring already, why don’t we go back to “Home” and browse for a while. Notice that each image has a time stamp on it? This tells you how long ago they were posted.
If you see something that catches your eye, then go ahead and tap it. It will lead you to the product page. It will contain some useful information about the product and its price.
Then, you will see two buttons at the bottom: “Ask a Question” and “Make an Offer”. The first one is great if you want to ask the seller anything, while the second one should only be tapped if you’re already confident in buying that item.
You can negotiate with the seller, do a little haggling, and once you have agreed upon a price and a location, make sure that it’s somewhere crowded and public, meet up, exchange goods, and part ways.
Congratulations! Business done.
How Much Can You Make from LetGo?
Now, how much can you make from LetGo if you’re the one selling? Limitless! It can be as small as $50 a month or up to $5000.
That simply depends on how you price your items, and how much of a hustler you are. In fact, if you’ve found that selling your artwork is not enough anymore since you can’t make faster than you can sell, then you can also consider putting your old art tools for sale, especially those who are clamoring for a new upgrade. Don’t worry, we will share more ideas with you in a bit on the things that you can sell.
LetGo vs. Craigslist
We understand that the first thing that probably came to your mind when we mentioned that LetGo was a classifieds app was Craigslist. If there’s Craigslist already, why do you still need LetGo?
Well, because we believe that this app has a couple of significant improvements from Craigslist, including:
- More Secure: LetGo has a more comprehensive way of verifying their users. It also offers a rating and review system to alert the buyers about a seller’s past transactions.
- Streamlined: Another big difference is that LetGo only offers products, while Craigslist lists down services and more.
Sure, it still doesn’t offer any payment method within the app and encourages you to meet the seller in person, leaving the transaction with a lot of exploitable blindspots, but at least, you know that LetGo is actually doing something to address those issues.
What Can You Sell?
Ready to start your LetGo adventure? As promised, here are some of the things that you can sell on LetGo as an artist:
- Original Works: The first thing that we suggest for you to sell is, of course, the art you make. Since they are likely, big-ticket items, though, don’t expect them to sell like hotcakes. In the end, the best items that sell on LetGo are smaller, cheaper pieces, leading us to the next item.
- Art Merchandise: You can sell anything from art prints, stickers, enamel pins, and even bags, shirts, pillowcases, and other merchandise with your art on it.
- Old Art Books: Books are fast-selling on LetGo. In fact, it’s one of the most popular categories.
- Old Art Tools: Thinking of replacing your airbrush kit with a new and upgraded one? Well, someone out there needs a basic unit to practice on, and hopefully, get at a lower price.
- Art Materials: If you have excessive art materials at home and they’re just there accumulating dust, like that bottles of resin and boxes of molds because you were thinking of getting started but never really did, then why don’t you turn them back into cash?
There are still a lot of things that you can sell on LetGo, but the ones we listed above are those that we have already tried selling as artists. If you’re not really too sensitive about the seller niche you’re going for, you can even sell your old electronic devices, games, small appliances, and more.
What’s important is that we have some products now to sell. Plus points if you didn’t even spend anything because you’re simply turning old stuff into money.
Tips for Selling on LetGo
The secret to selling on any platform is to make sure you catch the attention of buyers. Here are some great tips for you:
1. Prepare Your Product Page Well
The only thing that’s left is to prepare your product pages. There are two main parts to each page: the product image and the product info. We will share two quick guides on how to both get them right.
How to Take Stunning Product Photos With Your Phone
Here’s a quick step by step guide to make sure you take great pictures of your products:
- Clean the lens of your phone. You don’t know how much your fingerprints can ruin your product photo and the integrity of your camera’s phone. Think your phone’s not sharp enough? It’s probably only blurry because it’s dirty.
- Come up with a simple backdrop. Don’t get too excited with backdrops. It can prove to be a distraction. A wide clean piece of white paper can be enough with the proper lighting.
- Use natural lighting. Don’t have the proper lighting equipment? Then natural lighting is key. Assemble your photoshoot beside a window.
- Start the photoshoot. The more photos you have, the better. Try different angles, but focus on those that show the best side of your product. Its always tempting to get too creative, but practicality and clarity are what’s important in product photos.
- Don’t be afraid to crop and edit your photos. There are a lot of photo editing apps (VCSO is a favorite) that you can download and play with.
If you want to take these stunning photos a step further then check out How to Take Videos of Your Acrylic Pouring for fun and profit.
How to Write Product Descriptions for LetGo
Product descriptions are important so that the customer will have a clear picture of what they’re getting their hands on. So, to perfectly complement your beautiful product photos, here are some tips on how to write even better product descriptions:
- Keep them short. Your buyers don’t have all day.
- Speak in a conversational tone. We’ve found that too much “salesy” language doesn’t really translate well. It’s better on LetGo to take on a friendlier, more personal approach.
- It’s very important to note of product specs. These are your product’s dimensions, materials, and conditions. Be honest.
- Don’t forget to state the benefits! Why should your buyers even spend money on your products? What’s in it for them?
Once done writing all those product descriptions, you can go ahead and post them. You’ve just opened your shop, so it’s now time for the waiting game to commence. Don’t forget to check your account frequently.
2. Price Your Item Right
As mentioned above, your profits from selling on LetGo depends largely on the price of your items. Too high and they won’t sell. Too low, and you would be wasting time.
Here are two extra tips for artists: First, don’t undersell yourself. Price your works according to your skill, the hours it took for you to finish your piece, and the materials that you consumed in creating it. Second, if you’re selling prints or secondhand items, then there’s no way you’ll be able to sell them for as high as they were originally or brand new.
3. Use the Bump Feature to Your Advantage
If you think you have a product that would really sell, but only got ignored because there were too many posts that day, then you can bump the product up for a fee. The keyword here, though, is “advantage”. Don’t overuse this feature because before you know it, you have already lost a chunk of your money just paying for that bump fee.
4. Be Friendly
Don’t ever lose your cool from a buyer asking too many questions, even if they’re already getting quite repetitive. It just shows how interested they are in buying the item. A little kindness and patience go a long way in online selling.
5. Only Accept Cash
By accepting cash only as payment for your products, you can add an extra layer of protection against a potential scammer.
6. Prioritize Your Safety
As mentioned, always meet your buyer in a public place and, if possible, bring a friend with you. It is also best to conduct your business personally but don’t provide any personal information.
Finally, go with your guts. If you think there’s something weird with the buyer, then follow the app’s name and let go. There’s always going to be another buyer.
That’s the beauty of LetGo. At some point, all products sell eventually, and that includes yours, especially with the helpful tips for selling on LetGo we’ve just shared with you.
By the way, the tips we have shared are not just applicable to this app. You can use the guides them for selling on other online marketplaces like Etsy and eBay.
As a parting gift, here’s one last tip. There are a lot of success stories on how people made it big in online selling. That includes LetGo too.
However, in real life, it can start with a frustrating crawl before you even sell your first item. That’s part of the experience. Just don’t stop hustling and improving your setup bit by bit, and we’re sure that you’ll eventually be the next person in the success stories that we read about online.
Read more: How to find your “Happy Price” as an artist
Acrylic Pouring staff is made up of aritists and writers from around the world. We take information from our own experiences, tests, and research what works best from our Facebook Group and other top artists. Join our Facebook Group to get insight from other top artists and find out about giveaways. Follow us on Instagram for top acrylic pours and tips, and check out our Pinterest for some of our favorite pouring and fluid art tutorials from around the web!